Friday, October 9, 2009

Making the Most of Every Opportunity




This weekend I have approximately 121,345 homework assignments, tests, and quizzes to grade (that is definitely an exaggeration, but the above picture is my stack of homework to grade for 1.5 of my 4 classes, and the book on the left is my algebra textbook for scale). I have this much grading to do because I have let it build up over time. I haven't been extremely lazy, I have been grading and planning the whole time... so how did this happen?

"Be very careful, then, how you live, not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity because the days are evil." - ephesians 4:something (Jeremy's memory of the NIV version - thus fallible)

I cannot say that I have made the most of every opportunity. I have a ginormous stack of papers to remind me that I still do not have that discipline down...

Thank God for reminders that we aren't serving Him wholeheartedly... that we are unwise, and that we do not make the most of every opportunity... so that we can correct our mistakes and serve Him better in the future.

No comments: