Saturday, July 24, 2010

Seek First the Kingdom of God




An Extravagant Life
Food, shelter, clothes, Jesus knows.
 Nations strive for their own, but our needs are known.
 If we seek first the Lord, then there's no need to hoard,
 because the things that we need are not merely greed,
 and our King will provide for our spirit inside, 
our bodies will be fed, and our needs will be met... as well. 

I make up this rhyme so I will not forget 
that My King is good and his people are blessed. 
The decisions I make and the things I buy
expose that my heart has accepted the lie,
that I need and I want are pretty much the same, 
and neither is something I should constrain. 
I go get them, I seek them, my needs they are first,
and my Spirit reacts with an unquenched thirst. 
Seek first the Kingdom, give up control,
and the King will lead me wherever I go. 

Where is my treasure? What matters to me?
The answer is simple, though often I can't see,
my strength, my emotions, and my mind tell the truth. 
And my time and my money are the simple proof. 

Am I seeking first the things that will last? 
Or simply living? because this life will pass.
Give up your time, let go of your money,
The Kingdom of God is coming. 

Fear not, God is generous,
His joy and pleasure is to bless us,
with things that do not rust or grow old,
but eternal treasures that are not sold.

Where is your treasure? Where is your heart?
The place is the same whoever you are. 
Is His Kingdom the desire of your soul?
Or is life about you, and things you can hold? 

No comments: